Ad

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank You To The American Red Cross. Thank Goodness The Jersey Shore Cast Evacuated On A Private Jet!


American Red Cross Shelters 13,000 People Hit By Hurricane Irene







Donate to the Red Cross

A hot meal delivered to victims after a disaster, blood when it is needed most, shelter when there is nowhere else to turn, an emergency message delivered to a member of the Armed Forces from their family -- these are just some of the ways that gifts are put to work through the American Red Cross. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the American Red Cross is empowering people to perform extraordinary acts in the face of emergencies.
Our supporters have become part of a network of millions of Americans who donate their time, money and blood to the humanitarian work of the Red Cross. We thank them for their gifts and we are privileged to put their compassion into action. 

Thank goodness:) ...
'Jersey Shore' Stars Escape 'No Joke' Hurricane Irene For VMAs
'I was not missing the VMAs for nothing,' Pauly D tells MTV News.



Get More: 2011 VMA, Music

As Hurricane Irene bore down on the East Coast and the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards heated up on the West, "Jersey Shore" stars Snooki, Vinny, Deena and Sammi hopped a last-minute private jet from New Jersey to Los Angeles. Nothing was going to stop them from missing the VMAs.

"We had to get out here for the VMAs," Vinny told MTV News hours after touching down in Los Angeles. "MTV did whatever they could to get us out here. We wouldn't miss it for the world."

His pal Pauly D, meanwhile, had been safely kicking back in Oklahoma City after an earlier brush with the hurricane in North Carolina while touring with Britney Spears. "Irene got nothing on my blowout," he declared, while acknowledging the storm poses a serious risk to the public.

"I was nervous. This storm's no joke," he said. "Immediately I texted Vinny, because I didn't think we were going to make it. ... I thought I was going to have to fill in for everybody. I can't talk for everybody. I talk a lot. But it was no joke, and I was not missing the VMAs for nothing. Seriously, I was coming here. I didn't care how I was coming here, but I was going to make it."

It's no doubt going to be a big night for the "Shore" kids. The highly anticipated episode showcasing the resolution of Ronnie's dustup with the Situation is set to air at 7 p.m. ET immediately before the VMA Pre-Show. And as soon as "Jersey Shore" ends, the cast will be making their way down the VMA Pre-Show black carpet and settling into prime seats for the main event. But while they kick back and enjoy all the VMA craziness, they'll be thinking of their friends and family back home.

"Our prayers go out for everyone on the East Coast," Vinny said. "We're looking out for them, but I think they're going to be all right."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669812/hurricane-irene-jersey-shore-vmas.jhtml


No comments: